Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ain't No Sunshine...

It is raining today! I woke up with a headache and before I even opened my eyes, I knew it had to be raining. For some reason when the barometric pressure changes dramatically in a short period of time, I get a headache. Great! All of the lovely plans I had that involved being outside have gone down the drain. Which makes me think of something else: Every time I go the Farmer's Market, which really isn't a Farmer's Market, I pass by a place where I can buy a rain barrel and I really want one. More on that some other day.

My original plan for today involved a park, a chicken, and some pastels. El Jefe and I had selected a lovely park to go to this morning as he just came home from the vet yesterday with proof that he has been given his rabies vaccination. What better way to celebrate being "legal" again than to go play in the park? We have never been to this particular park so it was rather exciting to contemplate getting him off the couch and outside to run around. He has taken the news rather hard and is sleeping away his disappointment on the couch...if you concentrate really hard I bet you can hear him snoring. I had also planned to make chicken soup. And I might still do that especially since it is raining and looks rather yucky outside. It is mid February so we only have a few more weeks to deal with this type of weather. So that takes care of the park, and the chicken. Then we have the pastels. I had planned to be artistic today, hence the pastels. I figured while I was making the stock for the chicken soup that I could be out on the front porch working on something. Something that would make me happy. It's really about whatever strikes me at the moment. I don't really have an adequate location in the house to work with pastels, or paint as I am just too messy with the stuff.

And I should also add that I haven't received one call from any of the applications I put out on Friday of last week. I have another round of them to send out today with my newly modified resume.

Today is the first day after President Obama signed the stimulus bill. I nearly threw up two times yesterday watching stocks fall (not that I have any money in them to begin with) and I intend to start keeping track of how long it takes for the stimulus bill to have a positive effect.

And the soup is on hold...or is being reformulated into something else.

I might stop reading the news altogether because it is depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment