Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh, whoa is me

I did something tricky there. Did you notice? It isn't woe as in woe but more like whoa. Yeah. I had my interview today, picked up lunch, and came home to work on pretty much whatever came to mind. I am saying "whoa" because it seems like the time is going very fast. This is the end of my 2nd week of Homemakery (or whatever the appropriate word would be for that). I really didn't expect the time to go so fast, honestly.

The Interview: After I spent quite a bit of time getting ready, as well as ironing my "interview" clothes, putting gas in the car, worrying about what I was going to say, and driving 32 miles (that's 64 miles round trip)...my interview was a total of 17 minutes (or so as I didn't wear a watch today). It was a fairly informal interview. If I am found worthy I may be asked to return next week and dance for them like the trained pony that I am. Oh, I hate the state of the economy in the U.S. for more reasons than I can even mention here! There are so many things that I would rather be doing, other than working for this company (the only company that I have had an interview with in the last two weeks). What are these things that I would rather be doing, you might be wondering right now? 1) going back to school to finish that pesky college degree that I never got around to putting the final ink on 2) working on some awesome kind of art project that could potentially be sold for a profit (small profit though it might be). 3) Doing some kind of work outside like gardening or something. 4) teaching a fun subject to small children: art, reading, something like that. I will leave at those 4 items mainly because I don't want to bore anyone (bore who? No one reads this but me. Oh, well, someone might stumble by at some point and find it interesting.).


Speaking of interesting: I have completely lost the battle with myself regarding the news. I still read several news sites every day, multiple times per day. Actually I sometimes sit and refresh those news site pages just like I do my "counts" on the job websites that show how many hits I have had on my resume (s).

I have also decided that I am the least interesting and least creative person in the world. Maybe I should go to the doctor...there is a pill or a shot for that, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment