Saturday, February 21, 2009

And I watched the traffic

While coming home from my solo movie tonight (which I am very proud of) I took an over pass that crossed I85. As I got to the midway point of the bridge, I glanced to my right side and watched the traffic in the distance. It's hard not to notice the HUGE number of cars moving on the freeway even later in the evening...someone in Atlanta is always moving, always rushing to go somewhere. For some reason, maybe it was the song I was listening to on the radio: Lost? by Coldplay...and it is specifically the Lost? version of the song (acoustic version) and not the Lost! version of the song (although I do like both of them). This song makes me sad and hopeful all at the same time. I wish that I could see it through the eyes of the person who wrote it. I said "see" intentionally, because I think it has a direct affect on the way that you see whatever you are looking at when you listen to the song. So what was this writer looking at when the song was written?

ANYWAY, for some reason, perhaps because of the song, I had this strange feeling that if I concentrated hard enough that I could make everything better for everyone. Make all of the bad things that are happening right now (just generally speaking) stop, save them all. This was centrally focused on the city of Atlanta, but not unlike the concept of being able to wrap an invisible bubble of protection around everything within your mind's eye (kinda like a certain scene in a certain book where the main character is standing in the middle of an opening in the forest with her family and she protects them invisibly from a not so invisible foe, one member of this aforementioned not so invisible foe may be played by Dakota Fanning in an coming movie). I really wish I had a picture of the amazing number of cars traveling on the freeway, under the bridge. I just want to know where they were going. I hope they were all going to a movie, or out for dinner, and that nothing bad compelled them to leave their houses tonight and drive north.


I have to add that I had NOT been drinking (at this point) this evening. I guess I was just meant to have super powers.


I saw Coraline in 3D tonight. I forgot how much I love 3D movies. It was a little bit scarier than I maybe thought it should have been considering how many smaller kids were in there, but honestly, with WHO directed it, etc, I think we should just assume a slight level of scary walking in to things. It was visually amazing. I am, again, amazed at the way that other people see the world.

El Jefe and I almost had to have a "very serious" discussion this evening. A discussion about bread and why it is not acceptable for him to STEAL the delicious Italian bread loaf off of the counter and keep it all for himself. 1) It will go straight to his hips and there already isn't enough space in the hallway for him to turn around gracefully 2) The bread is for dinner tonight and tomorrow (tonight: yummy Greek salad tomorrow Pasta with Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage). We did not have the discussion about the bread because I somehow interrupted his attempt to steal the bread and eat it all for himself because he only got almonds (in front of the bread spatially on the counter). I do see some very large doggy toothy marks in some of the almonds...but at least he didn't get the bread.




No comments:

Post a Comment