Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And FINALLY we get a hit!

So, officially, it will be a month on Sunday since I have been gainfully employed.  I have submitted 50+ applications to a variety of different companies.  

I have received one email so far requesting additional information and purporting that I am one of a chosen few that this email has been sent to (with the request for additional information) based on their desire to include me as one of the people they would like to consider for this position.  

I answered the questions, 1 of them required assistance from a couple of additional people including Sol primarily because of the complicated nature of the question.  Basically, the question was: how much was your last salary/bonus and how much do you want to make now?  That is a VERY weighted question at this point in time.  The economy  is in the toilet and will probably continue to get worse.  It's harder and harder to even get noticed on a job site, let alone get a response to an application that is anything other than a computer generated answer.  What has really made this question a difficult one to answer is the fact that they are offering as the maximum salary (according to the job post) approximately half of what I made as of 1 month ago Sunday.  But there are benefits attached to this job.  When I say benefits I mean simply that I would have them again.  I would have health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, etc.  Something that I haven't been without, October to now being the exception, since I was in elementary school.  

So I answered the question as best as we ALL could.  Sent the email.  And now I will start to wait again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment